All are taken from the USPS Publication Direct Mail by the Numbers
- 73 million or 25% of the US Population orders merchandise or services by mail.
- Between 1995 and 2005 the amount of money businesses spent on direct mail nearly doubled from 33 billion to 60.7 billion.
- 44% of companies nationwide use Direct Mail to drive their web traffic.
- Generally, within one week, you will receive about 25% of your responses to a direct mail campaign, 50% within 2 weeks and within 4 weeks, 75%. The last 25% will trickle in over the next few weeks.
- 39% of household find advertising mail interesting, compared to 9% for e-mail advertising and 3% for telemarketing.
- Peak mailing months vary from industry to Industry.
The top month for some selected industries are:
Business and Finance
Parents and Children